Select Page

64 Old Bay Road New Durham, NH 03835

MINUTES FOR THE MEMBERS MEETING

January 9, 2019
20 Members in Attendance

Meeting was called to order by President, Bob Chase at 7:05 p.m.

Pledged allegiance to the flag.

Roll call was read and accepted.

Secretary’s report for Member’s Meeting on December 12, 2018 was read and accepted. All in favor.

Treasurer’s report was read by Garrick Locke. Report was read and accepted.  All in favor.

NEW BUSINESS

Bob – Lou is stepping down as director and range officer, however, he still wants to be involved in Kids Fishing Day and Running Deer Shoot.

Membership
Rose – 17 new memberships (3 family, 3 seniors and 11 single) Rose read list of new members, all were accepted and all in favor.  January 19th is orientation day. So far this year we have 778 paid memberships,. 26 out of 74 life members have renewed. Sold 409 guest passes from 1/1/18 to 12/31/18.

Bob – how many members have not renewed for 2018?  2018 renewals expired as of 12/31.  Rose – over 80% of the 2018 have renewed. Rose thinks that we need a hard and fast system regarding when renewing membership stops. Rose sent out 3 reminders to people to sign up for 2019. Used to be the cut off date was as of the Annual Meeting in March. Clarence and Dave mentioned that this was voted on last year that the cut off date was 12/31 and not March.  Club policy said if someone went a full year that they would have to pay for the prior and current year and not need orientation, however, there was some discussion that if someone did not renew for a full year that they would have to become a new member and take orientation again.  Bob reiterated that he always believed the date was as of the March meeting.  Barry stated that if you do not renew by the end of the year then no membership.  It is not the clubs responsibility.  Dave said it was voted last year that if they don’t pay they cannot access club and they are in limbo in the system.  If they pay the current year and the prior year by 12/31, they should be all set.  Clarence made a motion to leave as it was voted last year. Dave seconded.  Rose has no issue with old way.  Barry said time to move on.

Skeet

Dave said skeet is going great, working on trap machine. Too cold to deal with it right now and it won’t be used for a while. Bill handled skeet last night.

Range Usage
Chris Dupont

Rifle Range – 102 members, 10 guests and 17 RO visits. No targets changed. One suggestion – steel targets.

Pistol Range – 125 members, 21 guests and 17 RO visits. Targets 6, 7 and 8 were changed on 12/16.

Pattern range – 1 visit.

Range Officers

No issues.  Still picking up 9mm brass at stations 4 and 8. Please remind people to clean up. 10 range officers. 4 vacancies. 2 in limbo (Zac and one other – Zac has not renewed).

Archery

Barry addressed the club and said that he and Allan will be attending Granite State Bowhunters meeting on January 17. Need check for $75.00 to join, all in favor.  Check was give to Barry. We have requested June 30 to be our first shoot as part of GSB. Will draw for dates in August for next year. First year we may not get many good dates.  Need to do some work on shooting lanes and will need more stakes.  Need 5 per lane.  Anyone can shoot at these meets Probably 12-15 dollars per shooter.  We have good targets and they will be ready to go. Will replace practice targets with new foam.  Archery range should be worked on during the Spring clean-up.

Barry commented that we should consider our land that is vastly underused.  Will be able to do more types of shooting. We targets for the archery game shoots, easy to set up, attract different shooters – Bob, problem is that we can get people to help out with the shoots we have going on now.  Pemi has 22 difference types of shoots. Chris said that area for steel shooting is not big enough to hold a match.

Fish and Game

Budget time; chronic wasting disease was found in Quebec; purchased Ruger property (Grafton and Sullivan counties); bear encounters are becoming more frequent – may have someone from F&G come into a meeting to speak about the same. 14,072 deer were harvested in 2018, including archer and rifle. 1,000 bear harvested in 2018 – highest in 5 years.

Running Deer

Clarence mentioned that we need a burm in front of the running deer shoot.  Shooters are starting to tear up the bottom of the running deer target.

Pack 859

Lisa Gelinas was supposed to be at meeting, however, her son was hurt and she could not attend. Dates we have for Pack 859 using club house is 4/30, 5/29 – 5/31.

Dam

Mark – nothing to report.

National Wildlife Federation

Bob received a letter from NWF to see if we were going to make a donation.  It was suggested that we send a letter back and find out what the NWF can do for the club.  Article 9 of our by-laws state that we remain affiliated and we shall have 2 member on board.

Facebook/Website
No update.

Birch Ridge

Allan mentioned that SELT had acquired the funding needed to purchase the land.  Future donations can be made to the MMLA – Conservation Fund.

Miscellaneous

Chris will do a site visit regarding shooting in different disciplines, limitation of space.  He will look into options.

Adam and Clarence – training on Saturday, 1/12.  10 range officers are signed up.

Ed – reminder that the club is shoveled out, however, remain cautious as it is very slippery out there.

Meeting adjourned at approximately 8:10 p.m.

Login