Select Page

64 Old Bay Road New Durham, NH 03835

MINUTES FOR THE MEMBERS MEETING

April 10, 2019
26 Directors/Members in Attendance

Meeting was called to order by President, Bob Chase at 7:00 p.m.

Pledged allegiance to the flag.

Roll call was read by Mark and accepted.

Secretary’s report for Annual Member’s Meeting held on March 27, 2019 was read and accepted. All in favor.

Treasurer’s report was read by Garrick Locke and accepted.  All in favor. Mike Joy questioned the $500.00 that was paid to correct the issue regarding the gate. Thought that should have been under warranty, however, it was due to improper drainage and not the gate company.

NEW BUSINESS

Membership
Rose – list of new members was read and accepted. So far we have 174 family memberships, 230 individual memberships, 361 senior memberships and 32 life memberships.  Total memberships: 797 and Total members: 971.  Gates passes from 3/27/19 to 4/10/19: 14 (includes 2 paid from 2/10/19).  Rose spoke to Clarence and Ed about orientation, should be a larger class than usual. She will be at that class.  Some of our life members have not yet responded after letters were sent out.  Rose will send Dave a list, to see if he knows where some of them live or how they can be contacted. Clarence asked if life members cards are still good, Rose said yes, but they need a new gate code.

Range Usage
Reported by Clarence as Chris was not in attendance.

Rifle Range – 118 members, 16 guests and 16 RO visits. No suggestions. Target changed on 3/16:1,

Pistol Range – 164 members, 35 guests and 15 RO visits. Targets changed on 3/19: 3, 4, 6 7 and 8. No suggestions.

Pattern range – 3 members.

Skeet

Dave said that all is going well. Bill helped out last night during the storm keeping the fire going.  He is trying to get some more clay pigeons. We have plenty but need to replenish.  Equipment is working well.

Range Officers

Clarence – No issues at rifle range. Did have to speak to one member on pistol range as he did not have his card, his muzzle point in wrong direction and action was not open.  Gave Rose his name to add to our system.  There are now 8 RO, Chief and Deputy. Thank you to Adam for the training session on 4/6.  Rose will speak to Chris about redoing the sign-in sheet to reflect members and guests. RO should make sure they always check guest passes.

Running Deer
Bill said that he and Lou will pick dates in the near future and will have to raise the burm before we begin.

Safety

Ed said he had nothing to report.

Archery
Allan said that we went to the Chester Shoot to get some ideas. Reminded everyone about our first GSB shoot on June 30th.  Brian stated that he wants to start up the Thursday night league from 6/6 to 9/12. Need to get some work done on the course prior to that. Rose will do separate postings for each event.  GSB shoot is open to the public.

Kids Fishing Day – Working on donations and next meeting is 4/16 at 6:30 at the clubhouse.

Fish and Game  – no update.

Pack 859
Janet – still trying to get in touch with Lisa Gelinas regarding games for Kids Fishing Day.  I will call and email her again.

Dam – no update.

National Wildlife Federation

Tony Ford went to a meeting on 4/22, The annual dinner is this Saturday which Tony will attend and the Club will reimburse him for the cost of his ticket.

Facebook/Website
Rose said that Adam is workings on updates, everything is going well. Red flag warning is being worked  on and they are working to make the website more phone friendly.

Barry Camp
Rose said 3 boys are definitely going and she will be working with Christy regarding Barry Camp for next year.

Miscellaneous

Christy reminded everyone about her seminar on 4/11 at the clubhouse.  Adam said he had some ideas that he will bring up at the next director’s meeting.

Beth Elliot from Seacoast Friends of NRA was there to let us all know when the banquet will be.  All were in agreement that the club purchase a table again this year.  Will be held on 6/1 at 4:30.  She had raffle tickets available. One for $10 or three for $20.  She said that with all the changes going on at the archery range, that the club might want to apply for a grant that could help pay for some of our expenses.  Beth gave the info to Allan.

Paul Berry was there to discuss the Hunter Safety Program. Will be on Tuesday 9/10 6-9; and 9/14 from 8-4 and 9/15 from 8-3.  Running deer won’t interfere with program.  Hopes to have 30 students. Paul will get a key from Janet prior to that time.

Meeting adjourned at approximately 8:00 p.m.

Login