Select Page

64 Old Bay Road New Durham, NH 03835

MINUTES FOR THE MEMBERS MEETING

September 13, 2018

Approximately 25 Members in Attendance

Meeting was called to order by President, Bob Chase at 7:00 p.m.

Pledged allegiance to the flag.

Roll call was read and accepted.

Secretary’s report for Member’s Meeting on August8, 2018 was read and accepted. All in favor.

Treasurer’s report was read and accepted. All in favor.

NEW BUSNESS

Membership
17 new members. Total of 1,039 members as of this evening. List of new members was read and accepted, All in favor.   Membership has slowed down this month.  As of today 54 guest passes were purchased since August 8, 2018.

Skeet

Dave Smith – Skeet is going very well. Shooting on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Having a problem with one of the trap machines but he will work on getting it fixed. He will pick up more clays on Saturday.

Range Usage
Skeet – 137 shooters, 129 members, 8 non-members. 285 rounds, 7,125 clays.

Rifle Range – 186 members, 19 guests, and 21 range officer visits. Targets 9, 10, 11 & 12 were changed on August 21, 2018.

Pistol – 169 members, 26 guests, 21 range officer visits. Targets 4, 6, 7 and 8 were changed on August 2, 2018 and target 3 was changed on August 4, 2018.  Ed Auletta painted the lockers at the pistol range and Bill Kaperski is painting the building.

Suggestions in at the rifle range and pistol range:  No hand sanitizer in the porta potty.  Someone would like electricity to the pistol range so we could run fans in the summer. Suggestion that no 50 action exploding calibers at the pistol range as they are too loud for his children.  Suggestion at the rifle range is that we remove one of the tables to allow people to shoot while standing in different positions.

Archery

Barry Carr said there were 15 who attended and shot at the archery shoot, 9 people shot in the novelty shoot. Not sure of how much money we made, but Ernie has the funds.  Mentioned that he would like to do a Spring shoot next year and that the date for the fall shoot will be September 7, 2019.  He is going to find out more information regarding the Granite State Bowhunters. They have changed their rules and are not so restrictive.  Garrett asked if the Granite State Bowhunters have to inspect our range, targets and stakes, not sure they still need to do that, but Barry said they have become more relaxed about their rules.  We can adjust our range to fit 40 targets. We can cut in new lanes as well.  We could even do a youth course.  Barry is going to pursue becoming active with the Granite State Bowhunters, but will go slowly, there are lots of possibilities. They will advertise for our shoots as well.  We can access our course in the winter time for a possible Spring shoot.

He would like to upgrade our stakes on the course and possibly use rebar instead of wood. Mark said to let him know how many he needs and he will look into getting them. Also looking into getting better targets for the practice area of the range and possibly expanding the course with more 3D targets. Allan Thorell is building a new table and bow rack for the archery course.

Barry will speak with Dave regarding getting electricity to other areas of the club for the novelty shoot.

Fish and Game

The club’s donation was presented to Diane Richardson who spear headed the project for game cameras.  $7,000.00 was raised for the project.  Hunting news: the Fish and Game Department is going purchase the Ruger properties near Corbin Park. Approximately 3,200 acres. Total cost is $3.2 million.  They will take of the habitant account to purchase land.  It will be the largest track of land to hunt (48,000 acres) in Grafton and Sullivan Counties.

Running Deer

6 people showed up to shoot on Sunday, September 9.  We had advertised on our website. We need to do more advertising so we have more shooters. Going to call Josh Spaulding to get the ad into the 5 newspapers, put on Facebook, club website, Hawkeye, NH Deer Hunters and Sports Alliance, also on the Milton, New Durham and Farmington town websites.  Last year we had a running deer shoot for archers.  Everyone enjoyed that one. Bill said all was running well.

Pack 859
They wanted to use our clubhouse every Monday night during the winter. Bob had a 2  hour conversation with Scott Goodspeed and could not get any answers from him regarding who would be here, who has keys and who was going to be responsible for the heat, electric and garbage.  Scott said he had to speak with the other Den mothers and troop leaders.  He doesn’t believe they have any other keys except the one that was give to Scott, but he was going to check.  Bob wanted to have Scott come into the October meeting and speak to the executive board regarding these questions.  Scott had emailed Janet and Bob read email – said they were going to pursue other options other than the clubhouse.  Janet will follow-up with him regarding the keys and what dates they need to use our facility.
National Wildlife Federation

Tony Ford was interested in representing club, but his work schedule will not allow the same.  If any one is interested please let Bob or Rose know.

Facebook/Website
Letter will be going out for membership renewals or new memberships.  Will be able to renew as of October 1 and print off ID Card with a computer-generated gate code. New gate codes go into effect January 16, 2019.  Use old gate code until that date.  She will be sending out an email blast as well as on facebook.

Hunter Safety
Paul Berry said it was very successful.  27 began the course and 24 finished and passed the course.  Was very appreciative of using the club once again.  The club appreciates the Hunter Safety Program.

Range Officers

Wondering if the range officers could pursue getting warmer hats for the wintertime.  Ed said he would talk about that after the meeting.  Ok with members to purchase the same.

Found a sneaker that was used as a target and left at the range.  No issue at the rifle range. At the pistol range someone shot a round and did clear his gun and put back on top of the case – he was spoken to and no issue.  Noticed broken target on patterning range. Barry put a new piece on the target, might need a few more boards. Barry will use a zip tie to hold in place. Spoke to a person that was worried about seeing messages from the club as he does not have an email address.  Rose reiterated again that they cannot access the website without an email address.  Ed mentioned that training for the range officers is on January 12, 2019 from 9-3.

Miscellaneous

Mark mentioned that the trees and brush were cleaned up along the fence and pistol range.  Dam cleaned up as well,  Critters are back.

Rose mentioned that she saw an ad for the Goffstown Fish and Game 70th Old Fashion Shoot – in which it stated that no live animals are ever used as targets.

Bob thanked Bill and Debbie for their help with the running deer shoot.

Camo walkie-talkies are not in the cabinet.  Not sure what happened to them.

Meeting adjourned at approximately 8:00 p.m.

Login